Saturday, March 21, 2009

How to keep price conscience customers!

Customers are only interested in one thing when they call to learn about your company. It is the value that they will receive from their hard-earned money.

Window cleaning is a service business, but many people view it as a commodity business. That's because to them it is a commodity business. Some people will prefer to pay more for the comfort of having a company that will provide excellent service from top to bottom, but still others will not.

So if you sense that a person is price-conscience and wants to save some money on a window washing service, give them options. Tell them that your pricing system is based on experience for how long it takes to perform the service, but if they want to help speed that up, there are a few things that they can do.

I once scheduled a price-conscience customer to a job that I wouldn't have because I gave him the option of removing his own screens before I got there (with the agreement that he would put them back). I gave him a discounted rate for the service because there were now no screens on the home (which saved me about an hour on his particular home) and he saved about an hour worth of my wages. He was thankful that I was willing to work with his budget, and I was glad that I didn't have to take any screens off.

Even though I consider it highly important that a customer receives the total service experience; he wanted to do some of the work himself. So keep this in mind when selling your services: "It's only important if the customer thinks it is important."

No comments: