Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Improve your small business management...

If you haven't been staying in touch with everything that Google has been doing, then it's time to get caught up to speed. Whether for business or personal use, Google has so many free applications that can make our lives easier.

One of the Google Applications that my window and pressure washing company is currently incorporating is the calendar. I am very fortunate because I have a friend who does a lot of canvassing and selling for my business, and we have tried several methods of keeping our calendars in-sync, which is very time-consuming due to double-entries. Also, I have a habit of forgetting to write down appointments that my wife sets for me. Well, now she can add an appointment to my calendar from anywhere that she has an internet connection (which is scary because the web travels with her everywhere thanks to the iphone).

Well, now we can keep organized thanks to Google. Their calendar allows you to share your calendar with other people, and they can reciprocate it by syncing their calendar with yours. Also, you can edit the settings of these calendars so that a friend can add or delete an appointment on your calendar, or you can downgrade the authority settings so that they can simply view what's on your schedule.

Best of all, if you have a PC running a current Windows OS and you use MS Outlook to stay organized, you can sync that calendar with your Google Calendar. The only downside is that they are not caught up to speed on the mac platform, so if you use MS Entourage (the outlook equivalent) it does not sync two ways. But with a little time, I bet they'll have this all squared away.

Check it out at Google's Calendar Application

No comments: